Is Vitamin E For Snoring Effective?
There are so many medications and treatments that we can provide in the treatment of snoring. Some people have been experimenting ways to stop or prevent snoring. Are they succeeding? Of course they are.
I have heard so many stories about how they started snoring and how their snoring got worse. I remember when I was in high school. Whenever I go camping with my friends, I always hear them snore. It is like a band. You can hear them snore turn by turn. It is so funny.
Those guys are huge. I think that is the reason why they snore a lot. This has been a reason when I started noticing that they are getting bigger. When they got bigger, that is when the started snoring. I was not like them at that time. And I am also not aware of my own snoring.
I did not ask my family if I snore that time. I only became aware of that when I was in college. That is where I started drinking. I started drinking when it became so stressful at school. There are so many homeworks, projects, activities, and other school stuff. When my friends and I get the chance to drink, we drink.
I think drinking is also a factor why we snore. I have noticed that my breathing became heavier and became rapid. What I did is that I did some research online about this condition. It says in my research that drinking alcoholic beverages before you sleep can lead to snoring.
Why? Because alcohol relaxes your palate. When it relaxes, it produces a vibrating sound which causes you to snore. It is not bad to drink alcoholic beverages, you just have to drink it moderately. Another thing is that when you drink alcoholic beverages, you should drink two hours before bedtime.
What is Snoring?
First, what is snoring? We have to fully learn and understand what snoring is. What are the causes of snoring. Also, the facts about snoring. Let us dig deeper. They said that when you are experiencing sleep deprivation, you will likely snore. Snoring is common to men. Snoring can also be experienced by women, teenagers, and children.
Snoring is a vibration of sound from your lungs when breathing. There are soft sounds. In some cases, there are loud snoring. The loudness of snoring depends upon the situation. There are also some factors that can cause snoring.
Speaking of the things that cause snoring, here are some I have gathered:
Below is the list I got from my research
- Could be your age. We all notice that when we age, our activities changes too. For example, people who get older will exercise less. They will also have a hard time sleeping. When they do, they will start to drink and will try to drink medications that can help them sleep well.
- This could be that you are gaining so much weight. It is because when you are gaining weight or being obese, the tissue that are in your nasal area is thickening. This will make it hard for you to breathe. The air won’t be able to pass freely into the air passages.
- When you have an enlarged adenoids.
- When you are experiencing Nasal or sinus problems. When your airways are blocked, this is what is likely to happen. This will create a vibrating sound which is commonly called snoring.
- Too much alcohol intake. When you drink alcoholic beverages, your nasal palate relaxes which caused your throat to relax and will then create a vibration and will later lead to snoring.
- When you are undergoing medications to help you relax. These medications are as follows:
- tranquilizers (lorazepam or Ativan)
- diazepam or Valium
These medications can increase your muscle relaxation that can lead to more relaxation of your nasal palate resulting to snoring.
Poor sleep posture is another factor. It is not advisable to lay flat on your back. This will make the air nasal passages to release air. What should you do? You should sleep on your side. You can always switch side to make your sleeping more comfortable.
This is the main point I got from helpguide.org. “Snoring could indicate sleep apnea, a serious sleep disorder where your breathing is briefly interrupted many times each night. Normal snoring doesn’t interfere with the quality of your sleep as much as sleep apnea, so if you’re suffering from extreme fatigue and sleepiness during the day, it could be an indication of sleep apnea or another sleep-related breathing problem. Call your doctor if you or your sleep partner have noticed any of the following red flags:
You snore loudly and heavily and are tired during the day.
You stop breathing, gasp, or choke during sleep.
You fall asleep at inappropriate times, such as during a conversation or a meal.”
When you see those signs, you should consider getting help from a professional. This is really a serious matter to attend to. You have to watch out for these symptoms and signs to avoid further problems. You will be surprised how a single problem can lead to a much bigger problem when there is lack of attention.
I know that there are a lot more reasons that you can come up with. The reasons that we all know are not to be judged because we all have our own freedom. We can do whatever we want with our bodies
Upon learning the things about snoring, we will be able to understand why snoring is a serious matter. Knowing and learning is not just enough. We have to do something about this problem. Perhaps we can help other people who snores too.
What is Vitamin E?
Now, we will know if Vitamin E is effective for snoring. What is Vitamin E? According to Doctor Deborah Weatherspoon of Healthline Editorial Team, “Vitamin E is an antioxidant. It may help protect your cells from damage.
This essential nutrient occurs naturally in many foods. It’s also available as a dietary supplement. Sometimes, it’s in processed foods. Vitamin E is fat-soluble. This means your body stores and uses it as needed.The term “vitamin E” describes eight different compounds. Alpha-tocopherol is the most active one in humans.”
Doctor Deborah also adds that “A similar process of oxidation and accelerated aging takes place in your body when cells are exposed to molecules called free radicals. Free radicals weaken and break down healthy cells. These molecules may also contribute to heart disease and cancer.
Free radicals form as a result of normal body processes. They cause damage that shortens the life of your cells. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that may help reduce free radical damage and slow the aging process of your cells, according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH).”
After doing other research, I have found out that Vitamin E can protect as from harmful chemicals that are being produced through the following:
- When you are smoking cigarette - We all know that this is the reason why we snore. That is why to be able to protect ourselves from the harmful chemical that smoking produces, we should take Vitamin E.
- Our everyday exposure to air pollution is another factor - This is not different from inhaling chemicals from smoking cigarettes. There are so many harmful airborne diseases that we can acquire through air pollution. This can expose our lungs to diseases that can cause us to snore.
Vitamin E is not a direct cure for snoring. Vitamin E helps us to prevent snoring. How? Vitamin E targets the common problems that we have that leads us to snore. What are these common problems that we have?
- Obesity - An article in Wellness Resources says that “Snoring is a common problem that interferes with the health of the person who snores and the person who is disturbed by their partner snoring. The number one cause of snoring is how much fat you consume. The number two cause is what you weigh. If any factor in each of the previous sections is a problem for you, it typically is contributing to your snoring issue and may be the cause of it.”
- Sleep Deprivation - Vitamin E helps us detoxify since this contains antioxidants that are body needs. When our body is in good shape, we will be able to sleep well and recharge. Thus, avoiding to snore or just simply lessen.
- Too much stress - It is important that we have a relaxing environment. They said that snoring is also because of the daily stress our body acquires. That is why we need to drink just the right amount of Vitamin E everyday.
We need to watch out for our health. Remember that health is wealth. Snoring is not a simple matter to ignore. I repeat, Vitamin E is not a direct cure for snoring. Vitamin E only help cure the problems that are causing us to snore.
The health benefits we get from Vitamin E is endless. We just have to be strict in following the things we need to do to protect ourselves from harmful things.